Who is a candidate? If you have excess subcutaneous fat, which is resistant to diet and exercise. If you wish to change the contours of your body. Commonly involved areas are the anterior of the neck (under the chin), upper arms and armpits, male chest/breasts, trunk, abdomen, waist, hips, thighs, inner knees, calves, and ankles. Most patients are near normal weight and desire permanent contour changes. Improved techniques now allow larger amounts of fat removal. Liposculpture can be useful to heavier persons as well.
Intended results: A permanent improvement in the contour and proportion of the treated areas. A more flattering figure or physique, in or out of clothing.
- The procedures are done on an outpatient basis.
- Monitored Anesthesia Care is usually used for safety and comfort.
- Small suction tubes (cannulas) are inserted through very short incisions placed in inconspicuous locations near the fat deposits, and excess fat is removed.
Recuperation and healing:
- The patient goes home with a compression garment (or tape) covering the treated areas. Compression is advised for about a month as it helps reduce swelling. Once pain and soreness decrease, it is frequently more comfortable to wear lycra or spandex exercise pants.
- Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication.
- Bruising and swelling usually subside in 2-4 weeks. The final result takes shape over 2-3 months.
Other options: Additional procedures that may enhance the result are Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty), Breast Reduction, Thigh Lift, or Buttock Lift.
Insurance guidelines: This procedure is considered cosmetic and therefore is not covered by insurance. The patient is responsible for payment.
Note: The specific risks and the suitability of this procedure for a given individual can be determined only at the time of consultation. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are rare.
Contour Affiliates Recovery Garments: Compression garments or post-surgical garments help improve and increase blood circulation, rid your body of potentially harmful fluids, decrease your post surgery recovery time and reduce swelling. Visit Dr. Zienowicz’s online store to browse compression products designed to aid your recovery.