Massive Weight Loss Providence
Who is a candidate? If you have excess body skin (frequently due to significant weight loss or post gastric bypass surgery).
Intended results: A smoother, flatter abdomen; buttock tightening; diminishing of thigh cellulite; and removal of back rolls or excess back skin.
- Monitored Anesthesia Care is usually used for safety and comfort.
- Excess skin is removed from back, belly, buttocks and thighs as necessary.
- Body Lift surgery is performed under general anesthesia either within the hospital or in an outpatient surgery center. Although the surgical sequence varies depending on the needs of each patient, we will usually treat the belly first, by removing the excess skin from the belly button down to the pubic area. The abdominal wall muscle, which is deep under the skin and fat of the belly, is then tightened. The fat and skin above the belly button is then stretched down to the pubic area and sutured in place. A new opening is made to allow the belly button to be brought through, to its correct position. Next, the patient is turned to the side and the excess skin and fat from the side to the mid back is removed. This part of the operation reduces and lifts the outer thighs. As the skin and fat are removed from the back, the back rolls are reduced and the buttocks are lifted.
Recuperation and healing:
- The body lift can be one of the more uncomfortable procedures, and probably requires a substantial amount of recovery time.
- One to three days care in the hospital or skilled nursing care facility is usually indicated.
Other options: Additional procedures which may enhance the result are Breast Reduction and Breast Lift.
Insurance guidelines: This procedure is considered cosmetic and therefore is not covered by insurance. The patient is responsible for payment.
Note: The specific risks and the suitability of a body lift for a given individual can be determined only at the time of consultation. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are rare.
Contour Affiliates Recovery Garments: Compression garments or post-surgical garments help improve and increase blood circulation, rid your body of potentially harmful fluids, decrease your post surgery recovery time and reduce swelling. Visit Dr. Zienowicz’s online store to browse compression products designed to aid your recovery.