Who is a candidate? If you have experienced a loss of skin elasticity of the thigh, hip, or buttock areas. If your skin area is saggy, flabby, and/or dimpled or orange peel like in appearance. If your thigh appearance improves dramatically when you lift the lax skin. If you are self-consciousness about your lower body appearance.
- Tighter, more attractive thigh and buttock skin.
- Improved contours.
- Decreased irregularities in skin surface.
Procedure Description: The procedure is performed under general anesthesia on an outpatient basis unless otherwise advised by the surgeon. The doctor will show you what procedures are available to solve your particular problem. Wide variations in the design of the incisions to meet clothing or personal desires are possible. Lifting the inner thighs requires only short incisions extending from the anterior part of the groin around to the buttock crease. Lateral or anterior thigh lifts can be performed as separate procedures if desired. Lifting the entire thigh and buttock (circumferential lower body lift) will require much longer incisions that start in the buttock crease, extend around the groin, up over the side of the abdomen, over the flank and across the back. The buttocks can be lifted with upper or lower scars.
Recuperation and healing:
- The patient is placed in a compression garment (similar to a long-line elastic support girdle) at the end of surgery to reduce swelling and assist in the natural shrinking and tightening of the skin.
- Smaller thigh lifts: Initial discomfort is usually easily controlled with prescription pain medication.
- Larger thigh lifts: One or two nights care in a skilled nursing facility or hospital are usually required. This allows for pain injections, intravenous catheters, etc.
- Bruising and swelling usually subside within a month, strenuous activities are usually possible in 6 weeks and almost all symptoms are gone in 4-6 months.
Other options: Additional procedures that may enhance the result are Liposculpture or Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty).
Insurance guidelines: This procedure is considered cosmetic and therefore is not covered by insurance. The patient is responsible for payment.
Note: The specific risks and the suitability of this procedure for a given individual can be determined only at the time of consultation. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are unusual.
Contour Affiliates Recovery Garments: Compression garments or post-surgical garments help improve and increase blood circulation, rid your body of potentially harmful fluids, decrease your post surgery recovery time and reduce swelling. Visit Dr. Zienowicz’s online store to browse compression products designed to aid your recovery.